Herpes is one of the most common sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) in the world. Nearly 1/6 of America is affected by herpes that is, 1 in 6 members is diagnosed with herpes. It is mainly skin-to-skin STD. Let us go in depth by knowing herpes treatment and Herpes symptoms.
Herpes is contagious and can be caused by two viruses. It can be caused by vaginal sex, oral sex, anal sex and kissing. The first is HSV1 or herpes simplex virus type 1 and the second is HSV2 or herpes simplex virus type 2.
Although herpes is contagious, one can participate and can be physically connected by taking certain measures. When it comes to herpes symptoms, they may even take up to decades to find out the symptoms.
Common herpes symptoms are:
- Pain around your genitals
- It may burn when your urine touches the painful areas of herpes
- Swollen glands in the throat and armpits
- Slightly elevated reddish areas
These are some of the symptoms that a single HSV can have. It should be noted that it may even take months for the symptoms to appear.
How can herpes be treated?
The worst part about herpes infection is that there is no cure for it. Although there is no treatment, there are many ways to treat the symptoms and manage the infection. It is advisable to consult a gynecologist and take the prescribed medication to cure it.
Some of the things that single HSV1 or HSV2 can monitor for herpes treatment are:
- Take a bath with warm water
- Keeping the affected area dry as moisture can cause it to last for a long time
- Can rub the ice bag on the sore area
- Wearing loose and soft clothing may help you
- Aspirin or ibuprofen can be taken as painkillers
Suppression therapy can help you cure many herpes outbreaks. It helps you prevent future herpes outbreaks and will prevent your partner from getting harmed by your herpes. Remember that herpes is contagious so consider treating herpes for a better life.